The P.L.A.Y. Project®/Autism Services
The Center for Hope and Healing, LLC is proud to be the only licensed P.L.A.Y. Project® provider in Chicago's Western Suburbs!
The P.L.A.Y. Project® is a community based/regional autism training and early intervention program dedicated to
empowering parents and professionals to implement intensive, developmental interventions for young children with autism in the most effective and efficient way.
Created by Richard Solomon, M.D. in 2001, and based on the DIR® (Developmental, Individualized, Relationship-based) theory of Stanley Greenspan, M.D., our program emphasizes the importance of helping parents become their child's best P.L.A.Y. partner.
The P.L.A.Y. Project follows The National Academy of Sciences recommendations for the education of young children with autistic spectrum disorders. Parents and professionals should:
- Begin interventions early (18 months to 5 years)
- Use intensive intervention 25 hours per week
- Have a teacher/play partner to child ratio of 1:1 or 1:2
- Use interventions that are engaging and
- Have a strategic direction (e.g. social skills, language, etc.)
© 2014 The Center for Hope & Healing, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | 16W241 S. Frontage Rd., Ste. 35 | Burr Ridge IL. 60527 | Phone: 630.468.2341